Saturday, March 28, 2009

Give me something to believe in.

I absolutely adore movies. I don't believe there is a person on this earth who has seen one and can't say the same... but I just... love them. A good movie can change the world (I believe SOMEONE has said something like that to some degree) and the good ones seem to be in short supply.

I work in a video department at my store and I come off as a bit of a movie snob, but truth be told I'll watch just about anything. I think I get it from my brother, we watched Snakes on a Plane (and he actually ended up keeping it instead of returning it when it was due) and I can slightly see where at some point in the meeting, someone suggested this concept. Don't get me wrong, I'll never watch it again, but to see Samuel L. Jackson play in this? It's akin to finding the Star Wars Christmas Special... can't believe it was made, but you have to watch it according to an unspoken law. 

I watched Slumdog Millionaire tonight and THAT is what film should always embody. Hope fear, love (in its many forms) and invoke a plethora of emotions. I want to walk away from a movie with SOMETHING. See the world as a brighter place. Realize just how dark it can be. Just how much adrenaline is going through my veins. Leave in a good mood. Something.

My dream job would be to write for Hollywood... along with every other person who throws in words like "plethora" and get all cocky because they know the difference between "its" and "it's." To which I can say is that there is nothing wrong with joining the crowd so long as you can be picked out.

For the record though... I'll give just about any movie a chance.
Except Twilight.
You'd have to pay me to watch it.

1 comment:

  1. i wanna be your best friend...
    i also consider my self a movie buff....
    and bubbles are the bomb like tick tick!

    ReplyDelete